Thursday, May 28, 2009

Past Slander and Things Better Left Behind Episode 3, Tai’s revenge

"Nick you're such a black lab puppy" This is one of the most memorable lines from this awesome guy. He is one of the most reliable men I've ever known, and one of the laziest. If you have a problem with math, women, or just want to talk, you can always call him. He is one of my best friends. I met Tai in the fall of 2003, my first year at school, however I didn't become close to him till the next year, and I don't think I really started to know him till my last year at SOU. I mean I knew him and trusted him like my other SOU friends, which is to say that I trusted him a lot. However when it came to the last year, with "Man Night" and poker games, and Shadowrun, he really became one of my best friends. I knew I could rely on him in a way I didn't know before. We shared music we hung out, we bitched about girls together. However I took advantage of it, I didn't know what I had till I was gone for two years. I appreciate Tai now for what he gave me. He gave me piece of mind, he gave me guy time, he gave me something to tie myself down with (Pun completely intended) he anchored me. I want to be at his Barbeque that I think was last weekend. I want to be laughing and having fun. However I'm not complaining about what happened here, however I need to escape for a few days weeks or lifetimes. The important thing is that he is only a phone call away; however his phone might as well be on the moon.

We were sitting and playing Star Wars; Sam was Dm and was lording over us. We were sitting in Glacier Pool Room and were having fun; Tai was back in Eugene for a while, so his character was kind of our contact to everything. Sam was describing a scene and he said our comlinks rang. At that moment the phone in Glacier Mail area rang, Sam told us that it was Davey calling, so I scooted over to see why the phone was ringing because our friends had the number. I picked it up and heard Tai's voice on the other end asking me what was going on, I told him that his character had ironically just called us as well. We laughed about it and I asked him about reviewing Sports Games for Nerd Evolution, he seemed interested in it, we talked for a bit and then I hung up and returned to the game, as I sat there I wish Tai was with us. I remembered all the times I asked him about math and he whipped out his calculator and always did them for me. He would joke with us and he would laugh with us, at us, and everything else.

Tai taught me so much about gaming, however instead of storytelling, writing, and role playing, he taught me about the math behind it. The numbers being important, the percentage chances, he taught me how to count my outs in poker, and how to consider how dead I am against one of Sam's Bosses. We had memorable lines like "It's not Max Damage unless it's MAX Damage." He let me sleep on his couch when I came to visit; he cooked me a lot of food over the years, and gave me a lot of music. I want to go back down there, but I don't know if I can. There are many places I want to be, I think that is the next place I will go. If everyone is still down there that's important is still there, however at the same time there is someone else that is just as important. I don't know what I'm going to do, however this guy has changed my life for the better, and the worse, and everything in-between.

We were sitting on the couches in Diamond Lounge, I was curled up in the corner of one of them and Tai was on the middle one and Rachelle was sitting on the couch across from me. I was Half asleep and they were talking about what animals would represent them, Tai decided Rachelle was a raven I believe, and I can't remember what they decided he was, however that's what he turned to me. "So what do you think Nick is…?" Rachelle asked in her cool manner. "Nick, some kind of puppy, oh I got it, Nick you're such a black lab puppy."

I hope I'm as loyal to my friends as one.

No comments: